I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

woensdag 26 februari 2014

Shoot at "Studio Job"

A few weeks ago I was contacted by the owners of Studio Job, Nynke Tynagel and Job Smeets.
Two top designers who's work is extremely creative.
Their work is in collections of several international museums all over the world.

They were looking for some new portraits for their pr request for 2014
After they saw the plate I made of Erwin Olaf they wanted to have something similar.
As you already know, to do this on location takes a lot of preparation and time.
It's my worst nightmare arriving on location and than realize that you have forgotten something to take with you.
But everything went just fine. Actually, every worked just perfect.
I was invited to use their studio, which was huge!  Would love to have such a place myself.

They were very patient and cooperative and really loved to see the whole process.
And, they were extremely happy with the final result.





  

Black Glass ambrotype
18x24 cm
exposure time 5 seconds


Black Glass ambrotype
18x24 cm
exposure time 5 seconds



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten