I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

donderdag 28 november 2013

Great Dallmeyer lens database is online

Some of you might known Sean Mackenna.
Years ago Sean copied the original books of the Dallmeyer factory.
Those books contained a lot of information on production dates of the dallmeyer lenses including the person who made it and who it was sold to.
Unfortunately Sean died at the 14yh of October 2012.
Sean was a really nice guy, always helpful to find the production dates of lenses.
 
His wife Jen told me that they were working on the idea to publish the whole Dallmeyer database online. It must have been a hell of a job because the amount of information is was huge.
The good news is that it is online now. So if you are looking for a year of build for your Dallmeyer lens, just visit this website:

http://www.thedallmeyerarchive.com/Records/Identification.html

 
By now I don't know yet who did this great job, but MANY MANY
thanks for all the hard work!!
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten