I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

zondag 31 maart 2013

Demonstration at Fotobond AWB

 
Last weeks I was invited by de FOTOBOND AWB to give a demonstration
about the colldoion process.
They organized a beautiful room equipped with a beamer, live video and plenty of room
to set up my darkroom tent.
During the shoot the camera man filmed the whole process and the audience was able to
follow it life on screen. Just great!

Monique de Zwart, thank you for the invitation
I told the audience about the history of the process, what brought me to wet plate
and we made some plates although the light wasn't optimal.
No studio portraits but an impression how wet plates look like

Some pictures made during the evening..

Pictures were made by Ferry vd Vliet who btw is hosting a great weblog
about Paris http://paris-fvdv.blogspot.com/
 
 
 










 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten