I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

dinsdag 5 juni 2012

Personal Exhibition at art galery Hans Persoon



Next Sunday, June 10th, opening of my personal collodion exhibition at :


Art Gallery Hans Persoon

The opening will be done by Luther Gerlach.
A well know wet plate photographer form the US.

I will show several original ambrotypes up to 50 x 50cm and prints up to 90 x 110cm.
You are more than welcome to join us and have a drink on Sunday starting at 14:00.

I will also give some wet plate demonstrations on
Saturday June 9th and on Sunday 10th.
The exhibition lasts from June 9th untill June 30th.


Art Gallery Hans Persoon
Kromstraat 9c
5504BA Veldhoven

1 opmerking: