I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

woensdag 13 juni 2012

New source for Black Trophy aluminium

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I just received samples from this firm. It turned out not to be a lackered material but anodised. So it is not the same as The Throphy aluminium from US. That doesn't mean it can't be used. I have used it before without any problems. Only point is that the black is a little deeper with the material from the states. Sorry for all this. I will keep on searching. Alex




I recently found a new source for the black aluminium.
This because Puttens ran out of stock and it will take a few months before they have new material. This company is from the UK.

OK, here we go. Prices for the black trophy aluminium :

13 x  18cm           £1.10   each     € 1,37
18 x 24 cm           £1.68   each     € 2,09
61 x 61 cm           £12,50 each     € 15,55

4 x 5”                    £0.62  each     € 0,77
5 x 7”                    £1.11  each     € 1,38
8 x 10”                  £2,00  each     € 2,49

The company name is : www.engravamet.co.uk
Contact person : Gemma Matthews gemma@engravamet.co.uk
She has been very helpful !!

Note, the above prices are without shipping costs and VAT, but they ship without VAT abroad she told me.

Now, don't shoot the messager.
I haven't tested this material yet, but it looks like it's from the same US source.
I have no relationship with this company. Just want to share this info !!

Alex

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten