I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

dinsdag 26 juni 2012

Collodion gathering at Amersfoort

During the weekend of June 16/17th we had a very nice gathering at Amersfoort.
Together with Peter van Hal (who organised this), Luther Gerlach, Manon Navarro and Arjen Went.
In the middle of the beautiful city of Amersfoort we were allowed to use an old historical building with even a more beautiful garden.
The weather was just perfect and on Sunday they even had arranged some life music!!
In short: two perfect days.
Luther worked with his 14 x17 antique camera, Arjen and Manon used several camera's including a modified SLR and me myself used my "green monster" Calumet C1.
Luther made some awesome large plates and Arjen and Manon, creative as always, made some very fine tintype medallions. Great idea!!
At Sunday evening we all together had a nice dinner : The Collodion Dream Team...
Peter, many thanks for organising this great weekend !

 Luther at work...
 keeping their hands warm..........

 Manon at work.
 One of Luthers plate in the fixer
 Guess who......
 Live music during Sunday afternoon
 Me and my "green monster"
 Manon and Arjen before entering the fixer bath...


Me and a happy Manon
 Medaillons made by Went&Navarro
The Collodion Dream Team
Tired but satisfied !!


Pictures made by Arjen Went, Cees Wouda and me

4 opmerkingen:

  1. It was an awesome weekend there in Amersfoort

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. The tent in the second image is genius! Is it commercially available?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. You are a fantastic Team.... Next time I'd like to be with you and to see you at work.

    Bravissimi.

    Giuseppe

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. That is quite the dream team. Interesting.. I just purchased an Eskimo 3 Quick-Fish tent just like this one. I can't wait to use it. Please let me know what you do to seal the pin-holes. Setting it up is a dream!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen