I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 4 juni 2012

The anual Photo fair at Bievres, France

A brief impression of the annual fair at Bievres. It's a very small village, just about 20 minutes driving from Paris.
One of the largest outside photographic fair of the world.
Beautiful (antique) camera's, lenses, photo's etc. BUT expensive.....
This fair is being held during a weekend, so you can visit it on Saturday and Sunday.
On Sunday you can also visit photographers showing their work and also some demonstrations of old processes can be seen. Like a wet plate demonstration.
Seen lots of interesting things and also bought some very nice things as the beneath mentioned head brace!

















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten