I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 26 september 2011

Gathering with two Belgian photographers

Last saturday Kelly and Michel, both professional photography teachers,  visited my small studio. They were eager to get more knowledge about the wet plate process.
It was funn working with them. It's always nice to see that everybody has it's own vision about photography.
So we made some plates together.














8x10" (black and normal glass)
alex collodion mix ( no additional ether)
Dallmeyer 3b wide open.
exposuretimes aprox 4 secs.
KCN fixer


 



1 opmerking: