I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 25 juli 2011

Finally.......................

Finally i was able to move my "new" dark room sink up to my studio.
I bought it, but it turned out to be too big to bring it up using the staircases.
( my studio is at my attic and also my dark room).

First i had to cut of the top. But with the right tools that wasn't such a big job.
Using a ladder we were able to get it in trough our bedroom window.
Just one staircase to go, but with just a small damage at the staircase we finally made it !!

Now i have to break down my old sink and replace it.
I hope starting to make 20 x 20 inch plates soon.

stay tuned....






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten