I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

zondag 7 november 2010

Workshop with Mémé and Wim

Yesterday we had a workshop with Mémé and Wim.
Both very enthusiastic photographers who wanted to smell ether...
We just had a great day, made many plates and had great fun.
They both are eager to start with their own wet plates so stay tuned on there websites.
Some photos of the developing and fixing proces and the results :


Flowing the plate with developer




Almost at the end of the developing time




Fixing the plate of Mémé. Ths normally takes about 15 seconds.




"Mémé"

8 x 10 inch
Black glass
poorboy collodion mix
KN fixer
dallmeyer 3b 5 secs





"Wim"
8 x10 inch
Black glass
poorboy collodion mix
KCN fixer
dallmeyer 3b 5 secs


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten